Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello(from Brazil)

Go down 
+2
Isengrim
oxi_proxy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oxi_proxy

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:07 am

Hello fellow homeslices!
Name is Rani, but I mostly go by Oxi. I'm Brazilian, I'd define myself as random 'n' geeky. I'm interested in technology, etymology and ancient languages, psychology(animal and human), writing, music, rare medical disorders, and other kinds of weird things. I'm that kind of person that spends hours doing random researchs on google. I'm currently obsessed about the possible link between amerindian and Asian languages. Specially Japanese and Tupi.
I'm gonna turn 21 years old in 'bout a week. Sex is unknown(or irrelevant, this ain't no dating forum, aye?)
Back to top Go down
Isengrim

Isengrim

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 am

Welcome on board, Oxi! Hope we'll share a good time here with the homeloaf. Your interests sound really cool, especially the language part. Do you plan on studying etymology or somehow working in that field? Or how did you come to find out about your interest, cause it sounds quite specific.

See ya!
Back to top Go down
oxi_proxy

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:32 am

Thank you Isengrim! It came quite naturally to me, I always liked traditional folk music and when I was about 14 I studied Latin(briefly) on my own. I realized to speaking Latin wasn't that useful nowadays, but etymology is still a thing. An interesting thing. And after years I started to notice weird patterns in ol' languages. Even when I've no idea what they're saying. It's just a hobby so far. But it helps with my writing and such. As for profession, I can't decide between music production, graphic design, programming or writing '-'
What about ya?
Back to top Go down
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 5:06 am

Hey friend! Seems like you like doing everything ^^ what and why do you like writing?
Back to top Go down
Lia

Lia

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 am

Hello there, fellow linguist!
Your interests do sound quite awesome. I find linguistics and etymology fascinating too andI'd be curious to read about your writing too, but also about your researches.
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here!
Back to top Go down
http://lia404.wordpress.com
oxi_proxy

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey Venom and Lia! I've a poem thingo going on in the Writing session. 'Tis called "The Maggot". Writing always helped me to calm my inner turmoils and such. But 'twas LOTR that captured my eye, I got it for my 12th birthday, it blew my mind to shreds haha. Also Shakespeare, lots of Shakespeare.

Oh, also I've a topic about the similarities between Tupi and Japanese in the language section! I need volunteers to help me asap!
Back to top Go down
Nequissimus

Nequissimus

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 am

Due to the fact, that you are talking about things i have no clue about: That seems to be something important! Very Happy

Well... If you want to start a Dating-thread... well. Whatever Very Happy

Have fun around, man... girl... Dude... Slice.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/nequissimus
oxi_proxy

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:08 am

I'm a Velociraptor tbh. XD
Back to top Go down
Nequissimus

Nequissimus

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:09 am

Ah. Damnit. I should have known from the nick Wink
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/nequissimus
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome Oxi!
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Isengrim

Isengrim

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Sorry that my answer took me so long! I was busy... eh... being a creative slice of bread. ;-)
I find languages also quite interesting and even considered studying one, but then decided that I'll wait another year before determining what I'll do with my life. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello(from Brazil) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello(from Brazil)   Hello(from Brazil) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello(from Brazil)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home Loaf :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: