Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonjour, tranches de pain !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lia

Lia

Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 am

This is quite an agressive title, isn't it? Not sure about it. Ah well.

Fellow homeslices, greetings from France!

I'm Lia, a 24-year-old geek girl. I'm an English teacher and a Psychology student, trying to become something like a counselor or a coach. (My professional plan is not realy clear. I wish it were.) When it comes to arts, I'm a lot into writing (short stories, novels, lyrics, poetry), sometimes I also draw, and I love sewing plushies. I noticed there's no real categories to post plushies in this forum. As for music, I play the piano and I sing, and my head is filled with ideas that I can't manage to get out. Which is frustrating. Which is also why I'm here, to hopefully get motivation and inspiration from all of you amazing people!

Not sure about what I should say now... I love reading, I love sci-fi (lately I'm really into Ray Bradbury's stories), I love nonsense and absurdity. And many other things I guess.

I'm glad to meet you all and I hope we'll all be able to create awesome things together!

xxx

Lia
Back to top Go down
http://lia404.wordpress.com
ViridianHue

ViridianHue

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

Hi Lia! Welcome to the forums. :3
Hmm, perhaps a 'crafts' section would be nice in the Art category so that we can see your plushies. Very Happy (I might just go ahead and do that. x3)
Back to top Go down
Epsilon743

Epsilon743

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Salut! (I don't mind the informal, but my French is poor at best.)
Do you write in English and French?
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi Lia! I think your plushies could fit in under the art section just fine, but I could add a craft section. You could always add a thread under art and if we create another forum I or one of the other mods could move it over Smile
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Lia

Lia

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 am

Hello there! Thank you for the nice welcoming Smile

I write in both English and French; it depends on my mood, the way I feel the words coming up (sometimes things dos ound better in English than in French), as well as on the reason why I write. I often take part in short stories contests and I have to write in the language asked Smile

Thanks for the tip, Saphira! I'll try to do that as soon as I get nice photos of my plushies. Smile

I'm glad I'm a part of this big loaf full of life!
Back to top Go down
http://lia404.wordpress.com
Epsilon743

Epsilon743

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Lia, would you mind looking over this poem I wrote? I had another native francophone look it over, so some of it has already been corrected.

Pluie de la vie:

... aaaaand what I was going for in English

Rain of Life:

Since this has an intentional haiku syllable count, it must remain 5, 7, 5. Otherwise, it's open to changes.
Back to top Go down
Schnapple (Shania)

Schnapple (Shania)

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 am

Sorry to be a little late to the party, but welcome nonetheless! It's awesome that you can speak in both French and English (I'm personally working through my second year of high school french and planning on all 4 years of high school french). It'd be awesome if you posted some of your French writing to the forum (it sounds selfish, but it'd be really good practice for me to work on translations and what-not, and I'm certain my teacher would approve of french creative writing)!

Anyway, I digress, welcome to the forum and remember: We're All Just a Slice of the Loaf! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour, tranches de pain !   Bonjour, tranches de pain ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour, tranches de pain !
Page 1 of 1