Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How about creating a game as the homeloaf?

Go down 
+12
Venom_Reaper
pamplemousse
Artham
ViridianHue
redpandawan
Nev
Phation
Awol
Sanctus Immortalis
FelixFullhouse
Insanity_Thorn
HugoC4
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HugoC4

How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Empty
PostSubject: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 am

Hello Homeslices,
I was wondering. Would it be possible to create a game, collectively, as the homeloaf.
Like, we could have a batch of us writing scripts, recording audio, making music, making the art, and programming the back end of it all.
Wouldn't that be a great project for us all?
We could all improve ourselves, and be part of a greater thing.
Also, the game could be filled with bread puns. XD

So yeah.
If you wanna help. Just leave a reaction here, saying what you want to help with, how much experience you've got with it.
And preferably also a skype, or some other way we could communicate.

Also, open to suggestions as to what sort of game it should be.
I'm thinking about it being a 8-bit style game. Where you would be a slice of bread, conquering the world.
XD Well, I'm not much of a writer, so that would be up to you guys.

Anyway, that's it really.
If there's anything that you wanna say, but not up here. You can send a mail to "homeloafgame@outlook.com", without the qoutes of course. Wink

Well then, have a nice day. `^º^´

EDIT:
Idea's that Coen Drexler submitted:
You like in a kingdom known as Kitchendia (Should be made smart bread pun named land)

You play a customizeable slice of toast.
- Customizeable:
> Toppings
> Bread Type
> Crust/No Crust

You can gather several upgrades
- Toaster: Hardens (toasts) your shell, makes you less prone to attacks.
- Butter Knife: Allows you to attack enemies as opposed to dodging
- Loaf-ers: Two small loafs of bread that allow you to jump higher, and run faster

There are several enemies:
- Pets:
> Dog: Fast speed, powerful, can't jump on objects.
> Cat: Medium speed, weak, can jump and follow you.
- Other foods:
> Expired products (slow, zombielike)
NEED WAY MORE ENEMIES

Many different environments:
- Benchtop:
> Only get cats
> Not many obstructions
- Floor:
> Get cats/dogs
> Lots of obstructions

Synopsis of Game as planned so far:

Last edited by HugoC4 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Insanity_Thorn

Insanity_Thorn

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 am

I'd be happy to help with whatever I can, experiance with editing, live filming, voice over etc

also I have stickied this thread for you so it cant get lost
Back to top Go down
FelixFullhouse

FelixFullhouse

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:53 am

I'm very much interested in this. I can help write the story with others, I can also help with music although maybe not the recording part of it.

I think 8 but would be the way forward unless there are a lot of game developers on this site who would be willing to put in all the effort to up the scale of it. We would also need to consider if we want people to voice act parts of it of it will be silent or text based

You can reach me on Skype at FelixFullhouse or email me at deanwrites@hotmail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sanctus Immortalis

Sanctus Immortalis

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:58 am

I can help with the storyline, come up with gameplay ideas, this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Awol

Awol

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 am

I'd be up for helping in some way! I don't know what with though, I can draw and do some other things to lesser extents. Although unity had been suggested by a friend as a good thing to make a game with.
Back to top Go down
HugoC4

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:04 am

Awol wrote:
I'd be up for helping in some way! I don't know what with though, I can draw and do some other things to lesser extents. Although unity had been suggested by a friend as a good thing to make a game with.

I could always put you in the General Idea group.
I've tried unity once. But maybe there are some experts out there who could really get the back end going good.
Do you have skype btw?
Back to top Go down
HugoC4

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:09 am

Sanctus Immortalis wrote:
I can help with the storyline, come up with gameplay ideas, this kind of stuff.

Do you have skype?
I'll add you to the story line group and the general idea group. Wink
Back to top Go down
Phation

Phation

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 am

I'm up for helping with backing music if you want. What are we going for, chiptune? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nev

Nev

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:55 am

Hi! This sounds amazing. I don't have a skill set to offer though. Maybe on the General Ideas group?
Back to top Go down
http://nevvyteppy.tumblr.com/
HugoC4

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Nev wrote:
Hi! This sounds amazing. I don't have a skill set to offer though. Maybe on the General Ideas group?
Sure, what's your skypename?
Back to top Go down
redpandawan

PostSubject: Music bits for game idea   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 pm

I make 8-bit inspired music, and came up with a similar idea about 5 min before I saw a post to this one on Homeloaf Facebook. I generally have good ideas [methinks] for design, and art for games, but I don't have the talent to get them out of my brain.. I could brainstorm.. More importantly, I actually do produce game-like dance music, and it's short enough to be looped.. For examples [soundcloud.com/kingfuzzi] or [gozombie.c8.com/free.html]. Look for Starting Grid & Pace Notes. I cannot access Skype, because complications. I'm working on it..
Back to top Go down
Nev

Nev

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
ViridianHue

ViridianHue

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 pm

I can help make the art. :3

Back to top Go down
Awol

Awol

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 4:47 pm

Skype KW(AWOL)
Back to top Go down
Artham

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:46 pm

await as more info will possibly be here soon
Back to top Go down
pamplemousse

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

I'd love to help with the game! Maybe I could help with the music and developing ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:25 pm

That's sounds cool. I could try helping a little bit with writing things I think.

My skype: matirex1163 (Not sure, but I think it's right)

Please, say that it's gonna be, like, chatting on the skype, not everyone talking live on this.
Back to top Go down
Insanity_Thorn

Insanity_Thorn

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm

venom dont worry its a skype chat Smile ill add you tommorrow when I jump back on if no one else has already done it
Back to top Go down
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Oh thank God, it would be really hard.
Back to top Go down
Nev

Nev

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am

Any updates on this? bounce
Back to top Go down
Insanity_Thorn

Insanity_Thorn

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

updates will be coming soon Nev dont worry
Back to top Go down
HugoC4

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 am

Nev wrote:
Any updates on this? bounce
There's quite a lot going on.
I don't want to share too much info, because it's all very new and very susceptible to change.
There is some (concept) artwork though. And a song we are very likely going to use. Aside from some recorded audio.
Art:
http://lady-luck123.deviantart.com/art/Bread-Types-479512967
http://lady-luck123.deviantart.com/art/Orc-Croissant-479880809?q=gallery%3ALady-Luck123%2F14014641&qo=0

Music:
https://soundcloud.com/live-drop/infinite-original-mix

Audio (non-final):
https://soundcloud.com/home-loaf-game/tutorial-invite-decline
https://soundcloud.com/home-loaf-game/tutorial-invite-accept
https://soundcloud.com/home-loaf-game/go-to-menu-during-tutorial
https://soundcloud.com/home-loaf-game/intro-cutscene

We're working on the game. But we're not going to do a big story on it. We don't want to put all that pressure on ourselves. ^^
Back to top Go down
katewithpaint

katewithpaint

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 am

Hey I'd like to be a part of this. I'm an illustrator with experience doing pixel art (in fact you can head over to the chit chat section of the forums where I posted some mid progress pixel stuff in the what are you working on topic) I also have other art and animation (some) skills, writing and voices.

My Skype is kate.hill70
Back to top Go down
Nev

Nev

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:43 am

Anyone in charge of the programming yet?
I'd like to know in what way I can help. which language and software I'll have to work on.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-
Admin
Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I haven't really tried this yet because of not having the best of equipment, but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at doing voice-overs, if you guys need it.
Back to top Go down
http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about creating a game as the homeloaf?   How about creating a game as the homeloaf? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about creating a game as the homeloaf?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next