We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eqavox

PostSubject: Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?    Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Hey guys and gals, could really use some help / advice.

I think I may be slightly obsessed with my Youtube channel. I literally can't sleep every night unless I upload something ... But it can't be half arsed, it HAS to be thought out, planned and look fantastic, rendered, uploaded and all credits filled in and watched back on Youtube before I can get any sleep.

I am making it my mission to keep uploading frequent, good content but I think it is going too far, I barely sleep and just can't shut off from it. I guess it stems from the anxiety that people will lose interest so I need to keep content coming. Has anybody else had this problem because I am starting to think it may be becoming a bit of an issue and I am not sure what to do.

I just can't relax anymore, I am constantly thinking about my next upload and next project, which I know is a good thing but I feel too that, in excess, it has the potential to be both harmful and mentally draining.

I have had a lot going on recently that I won't go into here and I feel like my projects and my Youtube and the positive responses are what are pulling me through and keeping me going (not to mention all of you here). It feels like I am filling my time with videos and projects and communicating with people and checking their work out partially because I want to, but also partially to mask or hide away from some more serious issues. Am I alone in this ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnomnomnius

PostSubject: Re: Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?    Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 am

You can become addicted to anything that creates an emotional response, be it pleasure or pain, including creating content and putting it out for the world to see

I play The Binding of Isaac WotL, and hopefully rebirth, on YT

About to come back from a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(breath)ooooong break and super excited about getting back to making content!

I have social anxiety issues, if you talk to me and I don't reply, I don't mean anything by it
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Omnomnomnius
Halogen-
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?    Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:09 pm

I don't feel like this is uncommon at all.

If you're someone aspiring to grow into something a bit larger, you occasionally get this uncontrollable urge to try and please the smaller crowd that you can, even when you're doing something trivial/not pertinent to your crowd's interests. There is a pleasant feeling in having a complete collection of things that you like, but it can get overbearing when you try to do everything in your power to get content up every day. It's even worse when you have a perfectionist complex, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?    

Back to top Go down

Can you become addicted to creating content for your channel ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1