Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

First day Empty
PostSubject: First day   First day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Hey guys,
Remember the first day of school? How stressfull it was to go to your class and see so many new faces, has to introduce yourself, even if you knew that you can became an obcject of bullys plays? There was even persons feeling fear. I have moved to another city, like I do since I was born. (I already lived in 7 cities) It means new school to me and I will be like the only or one of a little group of people don't knowing anyone there. Any tips for dealing with stress like this? Or even fear?
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:43 pm

I actually did deal with bullying while I was in elementary and high school. It's never easy to deal with but if you do ever become the victim of bullying do not be afraid to reach out to someone for help. I regret not doing it. Don't ever let someone get you down though, odds are they're just deflecting their own personal issues on you.

when it comes to being a new person in a new place that definitely can be really scary. I say just relax, get in there and make some friends. Sometimes just showing confidence will draw people to you.
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Being a victim of a bullying is sometimes harder than being actually bullied. I've been in both situations. And yeah, you should heko everytime you see someone who needs that. Maybe that person is not able to deal with it theirselfs? I know ones that not. I'm just watching polish sites and find people that are unhappy with theirselfs becouse of school so I can help them a little bit. Wait, I'm going out of the topic.

Thanks for the tip. On monday I'm going to school so I think I will chill and rest during weekend.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-
Admin
Halogen-

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Going to reiterate that you absolutely need to talk to people if you ever feel like you're having bullying issues. This is an image from the forums that Kayla and I used to run back in 2010 -- I recently showed this to a buddy of mine who was going through a really hard time himself.

Bullying issues... (click box to show spoiler):
Back to top Go down
http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
ViridianHue

ViridianHue

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 am

I'm an introvert and don't know how to make friends. I just feel really awkward around people. One thing I really wish I did in high school was join clubs. I kept putting it off, thinking I'd focus more on my studies. But now I realize that if I joined clubs I was interested in, I would've probably met more people like me: awkward penguins who don't know how to friend. So, do that. Join things that interest you, and you'll find people with similar interests. :3
Back to top Go down
Halogen-
Admin
Halogen-

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Joining social clubs is a great idea, but be sure that you're actually comfortable with the group that you are around. I made that mistake once and it was quite depressing overall.
Back to top Go down
http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
Epsilon743

Epsilon743

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 am

ViridianHue wrote:
I'm an introvert...
Hey! Welcome to the club! In high school (now also college) I was / am the watcher type; I let other people display themselves and I look for little clues and shreds of information I can pick up on. On the first day of college this year, I only had one class (so nice, but I'm looking forward to full days of music in a year). I noticed the same thing from almost everyone: there is an air of "don't talk to me" arrogance about all of us, except two people I noticed. I think the issue may end up being that we are all just shy about talking and meeting new people, so we're acting tough. Too soon to tell, because the first day always drags.

And that protective air is good to have on occasion, but most of the time is totally unnecessary. By being the first one to ask the professor if he wanted help setting up the desks and chairs, it got everyone else on board. It's a start.

I noticed one person with a Fullmetal Alchemist-style ouroboros tattoo (it's a real thing outside the manga / anime). I've heard that one good way to strike up conversation is to talk about common interests, like how the tattoo tells me he's seen one of the same shows I have, but it always seems like those conversations will deadend too quickly or end up making me look lame. Anyone else feel the same or had an experience to counter that sentiment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day   First day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home Loaf :: Learning/Thinking Corner :: School-
Jump to: