Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What sort of music is everyone into?

Go down 
+14
Sixthhokage1
Lia
brandio
reimo
JochSejo
Tizzer
Phation
ViridianHue
Epsilon743
TheAquila
cordellman45
gijinkagod
Saphira
Kiryu
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiryu

Kiryu

What sort of music is everyone into? Empty
PostSubject: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm quite interested to see what everyone likes. Personally, a bit of everything is good but I am a really big fan of metal. More specifically, progressive metal. Opeth, Tool, KEN Mode, HARK, anything and everything. I only started listening to electronic music when I found Dave and he also got me into rap. He also got me out of the scene phase where all I would listen to was Blood on the Dance Floor and Black Veil Brides but let's not talk about that. The only genres of music I can find no good in are pop and country. K-pop and J-pop are fine but the only pop song I can think of that I like is Royals by Lorde (btw how did she win the MTV VMA Rock award?) That's enough about my tastes in music, how about yours?
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm also someone that's into a little bit of everything. If I had to pick a current fave it would be stuff like Krewella. I seem to go through phases where I'll prefer one genre a bit more than others.
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
gijinkagod

gijinkagod

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:37 pm

i like just about anything thats not country, i just listen to all kinds of music!! my all time favourite artist is definitely hollywood undead, though
Back to top Go down
http://gijinkagod.tumblr.com
cordellman45

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm

I have been into Viking metal lately but i enjoy trap and dubstep and also classic rock but overall a bit of everything
Back to top Go down
cordellman45

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Saphira wrote:
I seem to go through phases where I'll prefer one genre a bit more than others.

Sounds like me lol i go trough phases too
Back to top Go down
TheAquila

TheAquila

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 am

I like most electronic genres. Particularly big beat/breakbeat, trance, progressive house, electro house and hardstyle.

I also don't mind DnB and jungle, and the occasional dubstep as long as it's not too wubby. Still yet to warm up to trap music though.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon743

Epsilon743

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm

I don't normally listen to rap, but I came across an artist by the name of Historian Himself. His voice is pretty fricken awesome, I think.
As for other genres, I can agree with pretty much everything here so far, but here's something new: any jazz fans in the house?
Back to top Go down
ViridianHue

ViridianHue

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:57 pm

My music tastes depend on my mood. I'm mostly a fan of rock, but I'm recently getting into electronic music. :3
Back to top Go down
Phation

Phation

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm

I like more underground EDM (Distance, Submotion Orchestra, Emperor, Ivy Lab, etc.) as well as some hiphop (Gang Starr, Public Enemy), ambient-ish stuff (The Orb, Boards of Canada) and metal (Tesseract, Animals as Leaders, Lamb of God, etc.)... and Kpop and Jpop...
Back to top Go down
Tizzer

Tizzer

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 pm

I mostly listen to rock and metal, but my philosophy is that there's good music in every genre whether it's metal, jazz, classical, electronic, bluegrass, folk, hip hop, or whatever. You just gotta find the good stuff, which isn't always easy.

To list some music I've been into lately (in no particular order): Mastodon, Kvelertak, Cloudkicker, Plini, Anamanaguchi, Daft Punk, Cake, Tesseract, Streetight Manifesto, Tycho, Foo Fighters, Deadmau5, Maximum The Hormone
Back to top Go down
http://tizzer.bandcamp.com/
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm

I like everthing from classical to Metal. The only kind of music I don't like that much is modern art music where sound is displayed through sound and no rythms and stuff just random sound but not random because there is notation.(It gives me the shivers sometimes and I feel a bit weird listening to that stuff being performed live but that makes me open minded because I did go listen to it and gave it a shot at least, and I have written some weird stuff myself so yeah??).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JochSejoMusic
reimo

reimo

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm into a lot of different stuff. My big love is DnB in general. Neurofunk (Spor, Noisia, Joe Ford, Billain, Mefjus and many more) and liquid (Smooth, Feint etc.) to be more specific and neuro mixed with any other genre. I like when neuro is mixed with melodic music, like the Sanctuary EP by KOAN Sound and Asa (pretty much my favourite EP) and some other tracks KOAN Sound have done. I also love acoustic music (Tom Day is awesome), rock, alternative, post rock and also some metal like In Flames. Ambient is another wonderful thing, I like Hammock a lot. Also I like orchestral stuff that Two Steps From Hell and Hans Zimmer do. And then I also listen to some hardcore (techno), the more melodic type.

Oh and Amon Tobin. Sweet sound design.
Back to top Go down
brandio

brandio

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:56 am

Ambient, hip hop, lo-fi, trip hop, folk, psychedelic, punk, jazz. I'm more inclined towards to experimental stuff, I like texture in music.
Back to top Go down
Lia

Lia

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 am

Lately I've been a lot into classical music. Symphonies. I can't get enough of Beethoven. And Dvorak.
(But my faves remain Satie, Chopin, Debussy and Ravel).
I've also been a lot into what we call "la variété française" which could be considered as French pop music, the one from the 80s/90s, and I can't explain why, but it's awesome.

But to be honest I just listen to anything that can suit my mood. Electronic music, pop, rap, power or folk or goth or ...(insert about any category here) metal, jazz, swing... Seriously, I just can't choose. It depends on how I feel, and that's all.

Music is good to me no matter its kind.
Back to top Go down
http://lia404.wordpress.com
Sixthhokage1

Sixthhokage1

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:14 pm

My collection consists of various sorts of EDM, metal, rock, blues, blues rock, country, southern rock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixy.name
Epsilon743

Epsilon743

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 am

Anyone ever heard of the band Means End? From what I've seen so far, I think y'all might really enjoy their music!
Take a gander:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHxgXfRCLeQ
Back to top Go down
chiaraf

chiaraf

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 am

I love most genres but I'd say my main interests lie in instrumental classical music (stuff in films, tv and games), EDM, complextro, south east asian classical (I'm trying to teach myself the erhu), ambient, a bit of pop punk (blast from my past) and I like to dabble in Kpop now and again.

I also used to study sound art in university so I listen and enjoy soundscapes and experimental works too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chiarafulgoni.com/
Nucleoid

Nucleoid

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Glitch- & Neurohop, Drum & Bass, Triphop, Tech house, Deep house
Back to top Go down
KieranFilth

KieranFilth

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am

I'm into most Metal/Rock sub-genres, 80's Synthpop, New Wave, Goth, Industrial, EDM, BigBeat, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop, some Dubstep and i've recently got into Japanese music (obscure stuff like Babymetal and Brand New Idol Society)....
Back to top Go down
CantorsCantor

CantorsCantor

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 pm

I like practically every classical style except for Classical era music itself (so Baroque, Romantic-era and Late Romantic-era especially, Impressionist, Expressionist, Neoclassical, Modern/Experimental Classical), electronic music from old-skool space music (like Jean Michel Jarre and Tangerine Dream) to brostep to darkwave to IDM-ish stuff, and extreme metal - but metal has to be more than just aggression for me: preferably, it's symphonic and/or traditionally beautiful (bands like Antestor, Forest Stream, and Septic Flesh hit the sweet spot for me).

And, of course, I listen to other styles as well, but mostly I'm into classical, electronic, and metal.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/cantors-cantor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sort of music is everyone into?   What sort of music is everyone into? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What sort of music is everyone into?
Page 1 of 1