Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Empty
PostSubject: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Got my computer back now so I can finally start making more music! Very Happy
Here's something I started last night. It's nothing special, I just really like the melody!

CLICK ME
Back to top Go down
JeanBloc

JeanBloc

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:46 am

Sounds good man!
As you said the melodies are really nice!
I've listened a couple of times now.
To give some constructive thoughts - Your kick has this sort of clicky sound that makes it cut through the mix a little bit more than the snare does. Could also be that the kick has a fast frequency decay.
The snare becomes a bit burried as compared to the kick.
But it's not a major problem, just what came to my mind, generally it sounds great!
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/jean-bloc
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 am

Thanx Jean! I feel I'm a but rusty since I haven't been producing for about a month and a half. I'll look into it!
Back to top Go down
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Here's an updated version! This time with full arrangement and a quite different second drop. For my intros I love messing around with amen breaks and this is what I came up with this time.

There's also the bass I did a tutorial for over at the "tutorials" page in there Smile
Back to top Go down
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 5:15 am

So, something interesting happened. I browsed www.remixcomps.com and found some interesting vocals that happened to fit really good with this track. All I had to do was rearrange some of the piano so the chord progression was a bit more on point, and pitch down the vocals a little. This is what it came to be:

Back to top Go down
JeanBloc

JeanBloc

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:20 am

That last version was really nice!
The pitched down vocals gives the track a cool vibe and makes it more complete in my opinion.
I'll have a look at that bass tutorial too, always interesting to see how other people work!
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/jean-bloc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)   Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Energetic liquid dnb (is that even a thing?)
Page 1 of 1