HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Read Please Music Peeps!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Read Please Music Peeps!   Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Hey guys!

So i've been thinking about what direction to go with in music production/engineering as a business. I really love analogue synthesizers, as well as recording audio.

I guess my question is, should I use the money I've saved on some hardware synths or microphones? I dont record that often, and usually we go to Nashville to record with my friend once we have some songs ready. I feel like I would get more out of my money if I made some acoustic treatment and bought some synths seeing as I only have to rely on myself instead of waiting on someone else (when it comes to playing in a band). Microphones are so expensive! I feel like I could use it better toward some synths.

Please dont make this an analogue vs digital discussion, as I prefer actual hardware to touch. I figure this will give me an edge over everyone else who is using digital synths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://lukeicardmusic.toneden.io/
TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: Read Please Music Peeps!   Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:34 am

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or if it's within your budget, but I saw some really cool stuff that brings digital and analogue synthesis together seamlessly while browsing youtube last night.

--=--=--=--=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=======-=
I don't know where we're goin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Read Please Music Peeps!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:02 pm

TSHmusic wrote:
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or if it's within your budget, but I saw some really cool stuff that brings digital and analogue synthesis together seamlessly while browsing youtube last night.

Really cool stuff. I was thinking more along the lines of Moog Sub Phatty, Juno 106, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://lukeicardmusic.toneden.io/
Baphod

PostSubject: Re: Read Please Music Peeps!   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:11 pm

I've ended up buying an MS-20 mini a few years ago and its probally the best thing I've ever bought...

I love it like a child, analogue hardware synths are stupid fun. I'd go for the Sub Phatty (Because I'd be jealous if you owned a Moog) but yeah...I'm recommending you the MS-20...It does vintage synth leads in spades, some of the warmest basses I've ever heard (Natural overdrive Wink just make sure your using the right cables or you might kill your headphone output) and the filter...well...Full resonance it fucking wails...I own a Novation UltraNova too but I only really use it as an interface and keyboard, I can do everything it does and better with TAL plugins.

But there you go...Look into Korg Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read Please Music Peeps!   

Back to top Go down

Read Please Music Peeps!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1