Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reason users thread.

Go down 
+2
LukeIcardMusic
TheAquila
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheAquila

TheAquila

Reason users thread.  Empty
PostSubject: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Hey everyone, I thought I'd start this thread to discuss Propellerhead Reason.

I'm very fond of v7.1 with it's midi control and rack extensions - I pretty much use it in all my productions.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and Propellerhead's recent v8 announcement is a little underwhelming, but I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on the software, how they use it, and perhaps share some tips and tricks with each other.
Back to top Go down
LukeIcardMusic

LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 am

Been using reason since I was 18. Bought a copy of reason on version 5, and upgraded to 6 shortly after through the grace period. Its crazy to see how much it has changed (and for the better might i add).

I am hoping theyve got more stuff coming out than just drag and drop- I can think of a million other features besides that. But it will be nice to have it inside reason because ive always been jealous of ableton and FL, just never had the balls to switch because ive been using reason and pro tools since day 1.

I'll be upgrading to 8 purely for the new browser. Cant tell you how many times ive had to force quit cause the browser is just unbearably slow. Other than that though, I've had no issues with reason ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://lukeicardmusic.toneden.io/
Da WikkeD

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 am

Hey!
I've been using Reason for 15 years or so, started with the 2.5 version. It only had subtractor, malström, NN19, dr. rex and redrum and some effects, but it was already so much fun to play with. Currently I'm still working with version 6.5. I'd love to upgrade, but at the moment I lack the funds...

I've tried FL and Ableton, but as I'm used to Reasons workflow, it didn't really work out for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/da-wikked
TheAquila

TheAquila

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:16 am

I started with 2.5 too. Had great fun with it, so much so that I went out and bought myself a JP8000 synth thinking I could MIDI it up. How wrong I was lol.

I tried using other DAWs but I just couldn't get into their workflow compared to Reason's. The virtual rack was just so logical for me after spending a decade prior working in studios and live environments with racks of outboard gear.
Back to top Go down
LukeIcardMusic

LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm

totally jealous of your roland jp 8000. if i ever get a spare 500, ill grab one for sure
Back to top Go down
MnilinM

MnilinM

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Reason user since v2
Back to top Go down
TheAquila

TheAquila

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 am

Out of curiosity, how many of you homeslices discovered Dave through his Reason tutorials?
Back to top Go down
brandio

brandio

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 am

I have reason 5, I got it through the "argh matey" method.... I'd like to update but the $$$$ > . < I do sometimes use reaper also for vsts and better control of audio (reason 5 only has midi) I did not hear of reason through dave's tutorials it was just the first daw I found, besides fruity loops, and I couldnt get triplets to work in frooty loops so i stuck with reason
Back to top Go down
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:36 am

Reason 5 user here too. I actually started out in GarageBand, and I found Daves tutorials and got myself a copy (arrgh) of reason soon after. I plan on upgrading to 7 or 8 when I get the cash for it though. So sick of not being able to resample properly and the lack of a spectrum analyzer is really holding my mixes back.

I'm pretty much a Thor-whore, I love how the modulation possibilities are endless, and the fact that you can use it for filtering other instruments only. I made a slick growl bass using Malström recently though so I'm going to widen my skills within reason aswell.
Back to top Go down
LukeIcardMusic

LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:29 am

TSHmusic wrote:
So sick of not being able to resample properly and the lack of a spectrum analyzer is really holding my mixes back.

Pro Tip: don't mix with a visualizer xD

Although the sound engine in reason 5 is utter crap so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reason users thread.    Reason users thread.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reason users thread.
Page 1 of 1