HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Moderators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saphira
Admin

PostSubject: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Hey all, with a new forum we're of course going to need a few people to moderate and make sure that everything keeps going smoothly. I was holding off a bit because I wanted to give people a chance to come over here and see this. We'll likely start with a couple at first and add more depending on how many slices move over to these forums.

If you are interested in being a moderator here send me over a private message with the following:

*A little bit about yourself, how old are you, where are you from, what some of your interests are, things like that.
*Why you're interested in the position.
*What time of day you think you'll be on, please include the time zone (this will help me get coverage for different hours since there are people from all over the world)
*Have you ever moderated somewhere before? If so where and for how long? (You don't have to have prior experience to be chosen)
*If there's a specific section you'd like to mod. I can mod people by section as well rather than just doing all global.

Thanks homeslices!

Last edited by Saphira on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Insanity_Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Heya Im charlie, usually known my alias of Thorn, Im 18 and from just outside London (U.K) I am into all things music and graphic design, while also priding myself on making an effort to help everyone I can

I have experiance moderating an active community of over 5000 people on both facebook and a forum not unlike this one before our head admin shut down the forum ( made me very sad I had enjoyed the community) in addition to this I have experiance running social media for charities as well as for council groups.

I am interested in this role mainly so that I can make an impact in the homeloaf, the community and Dave helped me a gigantic amount and I just want to give somthing back with my knowledge and experiance

I should be avaliable after 4PM Mon-Friday and most of the day Sat-Sun GMT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnomnomnius

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi, I'm Samantha, I'm 20, about to be 21, from Worcestershire, UK. I can be on more or less all day UK time, though less reliably in the mornings. I have experience moderating several forums related to mental health, and until it's closure I was a mod for my local trans* support forum. I was asked to moderate the Kingdoms at War forums but I declined, deciding to leave the game after 2+ years and thousands of emails to the devs helping provide moderation when the "actual" mods were not online. I've been a mod in one forum or another for about that length of time.

I'm interested in moderating because I believe it is one of the best ways to pay back a community which I can tell is going to be the source of much help and support, as well as many laughs. Making sure it is a good and friendly place for new people is important, many forum vets sometimes forget that they were new once too. By helping with moderation I can help maintain the environment that I enjoy so much, and that will hopefully be helpful to the newbies

I play The Binding of Isaac WotL, and hopefully rebirth, on YT

About to come back from a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(breath)ooooong break and super excited about getting back to making content!

I have social anxiety issues, if you talk to me and I don't reply, I don't mean anything by it
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Omnomnomnius
Halogen-
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:12 pm

While this isn't an application, I'd just like to make it known that if at any point anyone has an issue with me administrating the forums (given that I'm not any sort of staff on the FB group/BIAB/any affiliation), I will gladly remove the visible title and keep working on elements of the site in the background. As of now, the only reason why I have the staff member position because I assisted with the initial setup/graphic design.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
Saphira
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

MnilinM is the first to be added as a moderator. Being that he is already admin over at the official BIAB site, I feel that it's a good choice to have him on board here.

I have to run out for a bit soon so keep sending in those apps and I'll look over them when I return.
Back to top Go down
Sanctus Immortalis

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm Nelson, I'll turn 18 in two weeks and I live in Paraiba, Brazil. I have interest in pretty much everything, but mostly in languages and music.

I want to be a mod so I can contribute to something. I feel like I do nothing with my life, and I think that's a waste, so I want to influence the world in some way, even if it's just this little big part of the world we call the Homeloaf.

I'm usually online after 7PM, and I can show up here during the morning as well, but not always. My time zone is UTC-3.

I have been admin on two forums before, and I've also been moderator on two Garry's Mod servers (if that counts at all).

I'd like to be a mod in the Language area, because I really love that kind of thing, and I have some knowledge that might be useful.

thefreakyfreddie

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 am

Hey, I'm freddie 14 years old from London. I'm into filming, music coding and graphics and I like languages. I've been mod in a coding forum. I'm ususally on 6 and 7pm and later. I would like to be mod on youtube section.

Last edited by thefreakyfreddie on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Insanity_Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd just make this a bit easier on guys, I was speaking to Saphira and it appears there was some confusion and that applications were meant to be sent via PM, dont worry however she has said she will be checking the ones on here as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omnomnomnius

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am

And that kids is why you shouldn't reply to threads when tired and/or hungry (/).-)

I play The Binding of Isaac WotL, and hopefully rebirth, on YT

About to come back from a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(breath)ooooong break and super excited about getting back to making content!

I have social anxiety issues, if you talk to me and I don't reply, I don't mean anything by it
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Omnomnomnius
Saphira
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Alright everyone I've selected 5 people to be our global mods for now

Congrats to:
Insanity_Thorn, MnilinM, Omnomnomnius, ViridianHue, and Nequissimus

Don't be too disappointed yet if you haven't become a mod I'm going to give some local moderation positions as well. Just give me a little bit to see who's interests were in what areas again.

I'm also going to need a few chat mods if there's anyone here that feels they'll be on the chat fairly often, let me know.
Back to top Go down
brandio

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 pm

IM brandio im 20 and im into music and love. I think i should be mod. Thnx (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Applied for a mod position. Wouldnt mind being a local mod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://lukeicardmusic.toneden.io/