Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercise Journal

Go down 
+2
ivoryfrog
Ayalla
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ayalla

Ayalla

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Good luck with the back flips! Let us know how it goes Smile

I barely managed to reach the goal today, but somehow I did it. That's what happens when I get late for work and have to take the bike instead of my feet. Bah.

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Img_2019
Back to top Go down
http://dejligrosa.tumblr.com/
ctrwright

ctrwright

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:50 am

Wow TaraDresbach, that sounds like some hard work. Would be nice if I could do something cool like that someday!
My legs are still sore from last night. I am also so out of shape that I have felt physically ill all day. I still went for a walk anyways. It was so hot out I couldn't bring myself to go any faster than a walk. Also I was on my feet for over 5 hours straight working at subway, (if that counts.)
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm turning this in early today. I won't be able to do anything more Sad My asthma is so bad today so I can barely breathe and the medication isn't helping anything at all. I just went to the store and back and was totally exhausted.

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Screen10
Back to top Go down
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:05 am

Back flips workshop was awesome. My legs feel like jelly from all the jumping. My teacher told me that I should do at least 100 straight-legged jumps with a jump rope each day before the second half of the workshop. So get on my case if I don't check in as having jumped rope every day, please.
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:21 am

Wow. 100 rope jumps every day, that's a lot! I've tried jumping with ropes for exercise myself and while it's fun it didn't work - my feet are bad so my knees are bending in ways they're not supposed to, so jumping wasn't good at all, plus a torn ligament in my foot on top of that - but I sure felt it was really good work out!

We will keep an eye out for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Today was better. I took a walk with my friend which was nice Smile

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Screen11
Back to top Go down
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 10:02 pm

I did my 100! There were a few starts and stops, and I had to do a few more because of bad form, but I did it!
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Well done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:29 pm

I did walk until I had 10,000 steps. The rest of them are biking.

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Screen12
Back to top Go down
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:32 am

I've done my jumps for today.
Back to top Go down
ctrwright

ctrwright

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Today I did day one of the flat belly round booty challenge. My form was terrible due to my bad neck and back. But I still felt the burn and my stomach is cold so I know I'm burning calories (:
Back to top Go down
brandio

brandio

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

checking in, 8 some cookies and walked to class. ^_^7
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Glad to see you joining in, brandio Smile

I reached my goal once again.

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Screen13
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Do any of you deal with a lot of body aches and pains (I mean without working out). I have a lot of pain and it's been deterring me from getting really active. I'm trying to figure out how to overcome this.
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:55 pm

*essay incoming*

Yes. Ever since I was 11 I've had problems with knee/back/shoulder pains and no matter how many times I saw a doctor all they said was, "You're too fat, get out and walk it off". I could barely walk, because after one or two hours I was almost unable to stand up for the next three days. First when I was 24 I hurt my foot and when it didn't heal I went to the doctor. He told me I had ripped my ligament in the ankle and that it would never heal, it was a life long injury. Then he asked me if I had pains in my knees, back and shoulders. I was surprised and said that yes, I had. The doctor said he could see that on my feet. They are not really right, so when I walk my knees bend inwards which causes an unnatural posture, but also causes my whole body posture to be unnatural which puts a lot of pressure on my body and cause me pain.

The way I got better was to start at the gym Curves. I'd tried other gyms before but they never really worked for me, but Curves have hydraulic machines, which means there's no weight. They all go on oil pressure, so the harder you work, the heavier the machines get. You can never strain yourself too much or use too much weight. This helped me to start working out and never be in pain afterwards - except for my knees sometimes, but I soon learned to feel when I was in the risk zone for it to happen and how to avoid it - and they always have a coach present to help everyone who's working out so you will never do anything wrong either.

I could really recommend a gym with hydraulic machines due to how gentle they are to the body and how they allow you to regulate the difficulty completely. Today I can be out and walk for hours with barely any pain at all, because even though the problems and the injury is still there, my muscles are making up for it now.
Back to top Go down
ctrwright

ctrwright

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 pm

I have dealt with spinal issues since I was a child. Because of this I have constant neck pain. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Very rarely do I get a relief from the pain. Which also causes my shoulders to become tense and restrict blood and oxygen flow in my body. It makes it really hard for me to work out because sometimes you have to hold your head up without having support on your neck. I was having many issues with that during my workout today. That and my spine is slowly curving in towards my stomach, causing me to slouch and look bigger than I really am. I just stretch out and try my best to push through the pain hoping that maybe someday the pain will be relieved when my muscles grow stronger.
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks you two. I didn't know that about the machines, that's interesting. I've been battling lower back pain for a long time now, and as I've gotten older it's just gotten worse and worse. I also have bad knees due to a car accident I was in years ago. Mostly my own fault for allowing my(no longer) friend to talk me into not going to the hospital to get checked out (she was worried about her insurance rates going up). Still pisses me off to this day that I was stupid enough to not go.
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Oh no! I understand that you're mad about that. It's always easy to know what to have done when it's too late :-/ Did you see a doctor to see if you can get any help or advice from a physical therapist?

I almost forgot to post this, but I remembered, eventually.

Exercise Journal - Page 2 Screen15
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:30 am

I've tried talking to doctors and they try to just blame everything on my weight. They refuse to see past that. It's like dude, I wasn't always this weight. This happened after having both my kids.
Back to top Go down
ctrwright

ctrwright

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 am

Today I did a mixture of really hard workouts that I'm too exhausted to type.
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:08 am

Well done, wright Smile

I know what you mean, Saphira. Doctors do that to me all the time. I'm never taken seriously. I think the only time I was remotely taken seriously and wasn't accused of my weight was then I broke my arm and the other time when I broke my leg and then when I got bitten by a viper. It sucks. Even big people can have problems that are not related to their weight.

Ugh. I hope I can walk today. I just slipped in the shower and tumbled around the bathroom a bit. I'll just have to see how much actually hurts when I start moving again.
Back to top Go down
ctrwright

ctrwright

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 am

So I just woke up. My body hurts so bad I don't want to move. So I think that means I did a good job.
Back to top Go down
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 pm

100- Going to do at least one more set of those today because I slacked off.
Back to top Go down
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 pm

To Saphira's question, I've had to deal with Lumbosacral back strain. This was after I'd become very active, and it took me out for a while. I'm just now really getting back into my full training. So you know, that kind of back strain is lower back. The curvy part of the spine just on top of the butt.

The therapy I did for it was a lot of warming up followed by gentle stretching until I could start working again. I also had to start working a lot on my core muscles/abdominal muscles so my back muscles weren't doing all of the work. I started with just sucking in my stomach and pulling in my waist and holding it for a bit, either while standing or lying on my back. A couple weeks later, once I could hold the muscles for over 30 sec, I started doing small sets of mild crunches and pelvic presses.

The important thing is to build up strength at a pace that is comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Ayalla

Ayalla

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:44 pm

I don't have anything to show today :S Since I fell I hurt my thigh so I took the bike today, and the app doesn't count steps when I activate bike mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Journal   Exercise Journal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercise Journal
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next