Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to ask out crush

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan Sinclair

how to ask out crush Empty
PostSubject: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:05 am

hey guys I'm 14 and i need help asking out my crush. I suffer from anxiety and have a tough time talking to people in genral, but the girl i have a crush on is also really popular and half the guys in my year have a crush on her, so need some help coming up with creative ideas and also some words of advice on how to deal with my anxiety. Thanks guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Nequissimus

Nequissimus

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:43 am

Hey Ryan,

old man speaking here ;-)

About aksing out a crush i just can say what i have learned from the 20 years since i was 14 myself... It sounds so stupid but it's actually true: Just ask if she wants to go out sometimes. It's way harder than it sounds. I know that. But the worst thing that could happen is, that she says no. And in that case you actually know if she would go out with you or not. If you never ask you never know.
Being creative can fire back as well. It can, if it diesn't work, look desperate. Maybe she doesn't want to get THAT much attention or she just wants to be asked?
I'd say: Stand straight and ask. Look her in the face, when talking to her/asking her. Don't say things like "Yo Boo, you look fine, yaw! I'd say you should get your rack to the movies with me" Wink

Dealing with a social anxiety can be a bit harder. Especially in your age. You need the strenght to love yourself for what you are. Your personality, your body. The things that make you you.
From my perspective i can tell you, that it is possible to think good of yourself even if there are things you want to change or that you need to change. I know, that i need to lose weight but still I'm ok with me, like i am. I change what is wrong and that makes me accept the actual state. Being confident about your merits and knowing your flaws helps a lot to just be confident.
I hope this makes any sense to you. Not easy to talk about things like that in a foreign language Wink

If you struggle with actual panic attacks or unsubstantiated fears and things that actually paralyze you physically and/or mentally i would say, that you need some counselling. I've been through that and there is no shame in seeking help.
But i honestly hope, that it is "just" some anxiety to do something wrong. The thing everybody goes through. Even your crush, man Wink
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/nequissimus
Ryan Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 am

thanks man, the that is some awesome advice, and I'm going to suck it up and ask her out tomorrow, can't thank you enough man.
Back to top Go down
Nequissimus

Nequissimus

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 am

you're welcome!

Oh and: Welcome to the loaf Smile
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/nequissimus
Ryan Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 am

also checked out you music it was amazing and I've already got ideas how to make mine thanks agin for the advice (and sorry this is off topic)
Back to top Go down
CantorsCantor

CantorsCantor

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Nequissimus wrote:
I change what is wrong and that makes me accept the actual state.

!!!

That's actually one of the deepest things I've seen said on here so far. It sort of encapsulates our entire existence on planet Earth, actually. Because what's the point of actually being here if we are, cosmically speaking, basically irrelevant? At some point in time, the sun will go supernova and everything the human race has ever done will go 'poof'. More short-term, we're all going to die, and everything we've ever done will then be rendered irrelevant to us by our very nonexistence.
(And on that positive note, I'm going to plug my new product: 'Lustre! Make your hair shine so you don't have to.' Available at a convenience store near you.)

So what's the point of anything?

I think the answer, perhaps, is that we are trying to do something. We don't really understand anything, and yet scientists continue blundering around in the dark searching in futility for the Theory of Everything (I have a rant about science and math, incidentally, but this probably isn't the place for it). We remain intensely (almost comically) flawed beings who are really psychopaths deep inside (witness the tragedy of the Rwandan genocide, in which random people no different from us murdered their next-door neighbors). Less generally, none of us here are (or in all probability, will ever be) as good an artist as Beethoven, Kubrik, Dali, or Tennyson. Yet we try: we struggle, feebly attempt to climb the Jacob's Ladder towards transcendence, and though we inevitably never [understand everything, become a truly good person, become the next master of our artform, etc], the very fact that we are climbing that Ladder makes our maddening finite-ness bearable, and our failures become something more than themselves.

However, if at any point we STOP trying to [understand everything, become a truly good person, become the next master of our artform, etc], whether out of laziness or despondence or whatever, then yeah. We totally deserve to be the miserable mess of bones and entrails encased in skin spinning on a tiny rock around a tiny sun in a tiny galaxy that we are.

TL;DR: Don't stop tryin'.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/cantors-cantor
Sultanare

Sultanare

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:05 pm

CantorsCantor wrote:
Nequissimus wrote:

!!!

That's actually one of the deepest things I've seen said on here so far. It sort of encapsulates our entire existence on planet Earth, actually. Because what's the point of actually being here if we are, cosmically speaking, basically irrelevant? At some point in time, the sun will go supernova and everything the human race has ever done will go 'poof'. More short-term, we're all going to die, and everything we've ever done will then be rendered irrelevant to us by our very nonexistence.
(And on that positive note, I'm going to plug my new product: 'Lustre! Make your hair shine so you don't have to.' Available at a convenience store near you.)

I think the answer, perhaps, is that we are trying to do something. We don't really understand anything, and yet scientists continue blundering around in the dark searching in futility for the Theory of Everything (I have a rant about science and math, incidentally, but this probably isn't the place for it). We remain intensely (almost comically) flawed beings who are really psychopaths deep inside (witness the tragedy of the Rwandan genocide, in which random people no different from us murdered their next-door neighbors). Less generally, none of us here are (or in all probability, will ever be) as good an artist as Beethoven, Kubrik, Dali, or Tennyson.  Yet we try: we struggle, feebly attempt to climb the Jacob's Ladder towards transcendence, and though we inevitably never [understand everything, become a truly good person, become the next master of our artform, etc], the very fact that we are climbing that Ladder makes our maddening finite-ness bearable, and our failures become something more than themselves.

However, if at any point we STOP trying to [understand everything, become a truly good person, become the next master of our artform, etc], whether out of laziness or despondence or whatever, then yeah. We totally deserve to be the miserable mess of bones and entrails encased in skin spinning on a tiny rock around a tiny sun in a tiny galaxy that we are.

generally when someone gets that deep i assume they're on some sort of hallucinogenic, but then I remembered you're just Cantor :3

I really wanna hear how this turned out now..
Back to top Go down
Baphod

Baphod

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Sultanare wrote:
CantorsCantor wrote:
Nequissimus wrote:

!!!

I think the answer, perhaps, is that we are trying to do something. We don't really understand anything, and yet scientists continue blundering around in the dark searching in futility for the Theory of Everything (I have a rant about science and math, incidentally, but this probably isn't the place for it). We remain intensely (almost comically) flawed beings who are really psychopaths deep inside (witness the tragedy of the Rwandan genocide, in which random people no different from us murdered their next-door neighbors). Less generally, none of us here are (or in all probability, will ever be) as good an artist as Beethoven, Kubrik, Dali, or Tennyson.  Yet we try: we struggle, feebly attempt to climb the Jacob's Ladder towards transcendence, and though we inevitably never [understand everything, become a truly good person, become the next master of our artform, etc], the very fact that we are climbing that Ladder makes our maddening finite-ness bearable, and our failures become something more than themselves.

generally when someone gets that deep i assume they're on some sort of hallucinogenic, but then I remembered you're just Cantor :3

I really wanna hear how this turned out now..

Like...really deep house music...Or Jayden Smiths twitter feed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to ask out crush   how to ask out crush Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to ask out crush
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home Loaf :: Learning/Thinking Corner :: School-
Jump to: