Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chasey Kay

[Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Empty
PostSubject: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Hey there,

Any of you homeslices interested in creating a vocal track for this tune I recently produced.
I think it could greatly benefit the overall sound of the track and I'm looking forward to all the creative things the amazing homeloaf could be able to do with it.

Couple of things:

- I don't have set lyrics or melody go nuts, really interested what the result will be.
- I would prefer a female voice, but that's just how I hear it, maybe a male vocalist will change my mind, in which case challenge set! Very Happy
- I probably will fiddle around with the vocal track after it's recorded. Cut it up, stutter it , I don't really know yet , but know I probably won't keep it in its original state.

Any questions can be asked in the comments/answers on this post I'll try to answer them as soon as possible.

The song:
https://soundcloud.com/jef_van_hoeck/meadow-chasey-kay/s-7dOYr
Back to top Go down
Saphira
Admin
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 pm

I wish I could write lyrics, but I am a terrible writer. Do you have any ideas for lyrics on this track?
Back to top Go down
https://homeloaf.forumotion.com
Chasey Kay

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Not really no Sad But I can try to think of ones I like. I'll try to post an idea for lyrics one of these days.
And as for being a terrible writer: anything can be improved by practice Very Happy But I can understand that it's hard to sing something you yourself don't like from the start.
Back to top Go down
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 am

I really like this tune and I've been listening to it for some time and I would like to try to do something. I don't really have time right now but after the weekend I'll try something and give you a shout/pm if I make something. (Summaaary: I'll write a melodi and Lyrics and see If that works out or not scratch then I'll send it to You).

I'll try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JochSejoMusic
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:00 am

I'll record some lyrics next week but just so you know I have found something right this moment that maybe can work as a part of the song and then adddd some (ohhhs and Backing vocals). bY THE way I am not a expert at anything so you'll see later when I record it what I've done. cheers

One question. Would you like a unmastered wav.file (of the vocals) and would it be possible to get like a Mp3 of this to record on top off to make it easier ? You could E-mail it to me if you want... If that isn't to much to ask? I don't know..You don't have to. I could still make it work either way
Back to top Go down
Chasey Kay

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks man! Really looking forward to what you came up with. Unmastered wav of the vocals is probably the easiest to work with so if you could deliver them in that format it would be really appreciated. As for the mp3: no problem at all, just send me your email and I'll make sure you get it right away ! Would you prefer mp3 or rather the wav-file export?
Back to top Go down
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 am

Update study  I get my best ideas for Lyrics during class so I wrote down some parts today and I'll try record something today and after that I have to go to my first church/choir meeting and maybe start singing there and also get a bit more vocaly trained ...So tomorrow maybe I can send you something or wathever happens..Toooonight maybe.. When I get home.
Back to top Go down
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:36 am

Just now sent you a Vocal sample with backing track? preview... I don't have time to get it all in today so I only sent the Lift before the Chorus which I think stands out really nice and gives the Song both a powerful and calming? feeling.
Back to top Go down
Chasey Kay

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 am

Really liking what you've done with the lift! Very Happy I've tried to mix it in, but because you recorded in a slower pace (I think Razz) and there are some fragments of the song in the background Ableton is freaking out and can't get the quantization right. No problem at all, but it's quite hard to give you a "preview" of your lift mixed in.

Anyway with this in mind I'm really looking forward to the finished vocals, Give me a shout if you progress any further.
Back to top Go down
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 am

Glad you liked it. I finished some parts of the lyrics but I had no idea how to sing them so that "Lift" was actually the second try. I became sick/ill so I couldn't sing for about half of the week so I kind of stopped recording after that recording becuase my voice was not good.(It was good when I recorded but I became ill the day after).

That was just a preview or Test recording because I was going to send you a full version on the lyrics with no music (only vocals) but as I said I became ill so I could only write not sing any more until now.

Yeah I'll give you a shout when I progress some more or get finished with the Lyrics and send that first as a text for feedback maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track   [Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Collab] Vocals for a Chilled track
Page 1 of 1