Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singing Tips/Tricks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DetonationHeart

DetonationHeart

Singing Tips/Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Does any one know of any tips or tricks I can use to improve my singing voice? I would like to improve it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://detonation-heart.tumblr.com/
Halogen-
Admin
Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:02 pm

I would like to do the same as well. I know that I'm reasonably accurate in terms of singing on key, but my tonal quality most certainly leaves something to be desired.
Back to top Go down
http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/TC_Halogen
JochSejo

JochSejo

PostSubject: Re: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 pm

I started singing in a choir today and as I have been able to sing in key when I write songs and sing to them I have found that I become better and better at singing the more I sing.

I'm not a expert at singing but I would say to start using your voice is the first step into building your voice. Almost like strenght training; start light and then as you get better start practicing singing harder stuff.

It's good to relieve your body from stress before singing fully and also warm up with some scales from lowest register you have/lowest you can sing and then increase tone and clarity as you warm up more.

If you keep on doing this your voice will start to "grow" and you'll get more tone? to your singing. (I'm starting to get my tone and I'm just about to find my voice for the music I make).

I hope you get something out from this.

Last edited by MnilinM on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : relief (spelling?) -> relieve)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JochSejoMusic
OfTwoMinds

PostSubject: Re: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:16 am

A few things I've picked up from my singing teacher:

Expanding your pitch range comes with practice, you can't skip this.
Many people when beginning to learn have their mouths open wider than is natural. Mine myself was actually more closed than ideal. Watch someone with experience sing and try and find the correct balance.
In the pitch you are most comfortable with, sing as loud as you can while staying clear. This is the tone you should attempt to maintain higher and lower.

Hope I can help Smile
Back to top Go down
AyameruRuieki

PostSubject: Re: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 8:14 am

important for singing is to find your inner voice and the right breathing. Most of the people out there forgot how to breath the correct way .

For breathing : most of the people are gasping when they try to sing but it is important to breath relaxed. to train this take a deep breath in and slowly press the air out of your lungs. Using your hands as gesture of pressing the air out is very usefull for this too.

When you managed this you can find your inner voice threw liprolling .
Well lipprolling might look stupid but it helps alot and i would suggest to do this exercise daily (even when you have become a professional) .
I searched for a video which might explain it in a good way and this one is quite good :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KegNprwLOmw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing Tips/Tricks   Singing Tips/Tricks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing Tips/Tricks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home Loaf :: Music :: Vocals-
Jump to: