Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Taiko Beat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MuggsMajandhra

MuggsMajandhra

Dark Taiko Beat Empty
PostSubject: Dark Taiko Beat   Dark Taiko Beat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:23 am

Could use some general opinions! It has a beginning and end, but not much of a middle.

Below is my current thought process:
So I set out trying to make a hip-hop beat with taiko drums. It ended up being sorta Trap-ish. Then some Akira seeped in. Then I added strings cause I add strings to everything these days. I like the way it's sounding, but I'm torn between where to take it next.
On the one hand, I could keep it simple, maybe cut out half the progression on the strings and have it repeat. That way it would open itself up to rapping (Something akin to Twista).
But on the other hand, part of me wants to take it into some sort of classical/dubstep kinda territory. Though I'm not really sure how to go about that just yet.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/muggs-majandhra
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

Dark Taiko Beat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Taiko Beat   Dark Taiko Beat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:31 am

I really like the sound of this! Up until the strings entered I felt this really cool dark vibe, but the strings and melody thing kinda ruined that for me.
I don't think you should leave room for rap, it feels too happy for that and it has a very full sound so you have no room for it. If you want it dubstep-ish, go listen to Dope DOD. They do it in a very cool way. Lowpassed wobbles everywhere lol.
Back to top Go down
MuggsMajandhra

MuggsMajandhra

Dark Taiko Beat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Taiko Beat   Dark Taiko Beat Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:34 am

Ooh, I'm liking Dope DOD. Yeah, I think I'm going to take another pass at it, and try to keep it dark. Some strings, maybe some wobbles. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/muggs-majandhra
Sponsored content

Dark Taiko Beat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Taiko Beat   Dark Taiko Beat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Taiko Beat
Page 1 of 1