Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kleptis

Kleptis

Short introduction Empty
PostSubject: Short introduction   Short introduction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Hiya
I've been a member of the Homeloaf facebook group for a while now, but at first with all the links/self promotion I thought it was a little bit... ehh. But hopefully everything's died down now.

SO ANYWAY TIME FOR SOME SELF PROMOTION ahahaha fuck
i make music but I'm very nitpicky about what goes out. The last thing I completed was a remix entry for Savant's "How I Roll" beatport contest about 8 or so months ago, and right now I'm kind of in limbo as i'm trying to pick up on Ableton and FL studio. I really like reason's set up, and accompanied with recycle i think it's fantastic for drums and chopped up sample patterns; but FL's piano roll looks fantastic for pitch shifting, and Ableton's mixing capabilities... well, you probably already know. Everyone uses Ableton.

So I guess the setup that I'm trying out now is going to be a mix between Ableton, FL and Reason 5, with Ableton as the host application (FL has about 16 inputs which means you only get 8 LR channels, while Ableton seems to give you plenty). However, once I have money, I'm going to try and pick up a new version of Reason as well- there's just a lot more plugins I wanna get my hands on.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. I'll link you to the Savant remix below.
Glad to be part of the group!  Very Happy
https://soundcloud.com/kleptis/savant-how-i-roll-kleptis
Back to top Go down

Short introduction
Page 1 of 1