We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ableton Users?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pamplemousse

PostSubject: Ableton Users?   Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Just wondering how many people here use Ableton Live. Did you use any other DAW before? If so why did you switch? And if not, why did you choose Ableton?

Nequissimus

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:51 am

Ableton user here.

Well... I'Ve got a quite long history of software with a pretty big gap without making music in the middle...
my first tries were somewhere in the mid 90s with octamed-tracker on Amiga...
After that i was in a band for like a year and then it got quiet...
Like... 6 years ago i felt like i can't be without active music and started to look around music software... I started with Samplitude Studio (which was quite nice but something just didn't fit in my head for that one)... So i tried Reason, FL, cubase... Well--- Reason looks nice and has some nice instruments but in the end it has the same problem, a real rack has: It's not tidy, no matter what you do Very Happy FL: I was NOT able to do anything with that without firing up YouTube to tell me how i can do anything with that thing... Windows everywhere and it just confused the shit out of me... I could make a 2-bar "Kick - hat -kick/snare - hat" loop and that was it... Cubase... I donÄt even know why i didn't like it... But it was something around that alley as well Very Happy
I tried ableton and it just fit circuitry in my head. Never left since. Only thing that makes me a curious is bitwig but i'll try that in v2 or something, i guess.

[_SC_] --- [_FB_] --- [_YT_]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soundcloud.com/nequissimus
diogo

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm

i use ableton because i tried fl studio and didnt understand much about it and then i watched a tutorial in reason so i used reason for a bit and then i saw a tutorial about making psytrance in ableton so i used ableton and i found it easier and more organised as fl and reason so i started to make projects on my own, not following tutorials and learning about ableton and now i use it.

And what about you pamplemousse?

peace afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamplemousse

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm

I actually started with a Mixcraft trial when I was around 13 years old. I decided using Ableton when I found out that some of my favourite musicians use it. I don't think I'll be switching any time soon because I've gotten used to the layout and all the other DAWs look so unorganised and complicated to me. I still have a lot to learn about Ableton though. I'm still a noob Smile

Cynisk

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:40 am

I use ableton because it's the first DAW I ever downloaded and it just clicked. I was looking for something to record guitar and eventually stumbled upon a copy of ableton live 5, I now use Suite 9 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukeIcardMusic

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 am

I started out with reason for a few years. I recently hit a creative block, so i decided to switch to ableton. Its SO ORGANIZED! Reason was always a mess for me no matter how many templates I set up. With the single window workflow, I feel more in control of my projects and I feel like it is so much easier to get a professional sound in ableton than it was in reason. I learned the basics of music production in reason. Without that knowledge, my productions would sound pretty noobish.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ableton Users?   

Back to top Go down

Ableton Users?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1