Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old School Games

Go down 
+4
Sixthhokage1
Kiryu
Venom_Reaper
Flippy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Flippy

Flippy

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 am

I'm a big fan of old school PC games. Used to play a ton of Quake, AoE, Starcraft and Diablo back in my young age (around 13 or 14. I'm 18 now lol)

Any games you'd recommend for me/other people to play? Post it in here!
Anything you need help with in an oldschool game? ask away!

I'll start with a question. Does anyone know how to run compatibility mode for Max Payne 1? I've tried right clicking and going into properties, but there's no compatibility tab for it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Venom_Reaper

Venom_Reaper

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Quake is really amazing game even today. Do you know prototype or beyond good and evil? They was amazing games that I was playing when I was kid. Also first farcry was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Kiryu

Kiryu

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 pm

I seriously love all of the management games of the mid/late 90s, more specifically Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, Theme Park, SimCity 2000
It's a real shame that the likes of Rollercoaster Tycoon and Dungeon Keeper have been destroyed by mobile games (Thanks EA!)
Back to top Go down
Sixthhokage1

Sixthhokage1

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm

Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit
NetHack
Angband
Rogue (though the vi layout, HJKL keys for movement, is annoying)
Final Fantasy VII
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixy.name
Leo GB

Leo GB

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi, AofE II HD Edition is currently 75% off on steam, totally recommend getting that! Sale ends in 23 hours.
Back to top Go down
MuggsMajandhra

MuggsMajandhra

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:58 am

I still like to play around with some original Half-Life mods here and there (Action Half-Life is a long-time favorite).
Freelancer is a quality space sim. The Descent games are also pretty fun.
I second Beyond Good & Evil though. It's a great game.

Shovel Knight is an excellent new game with that old school platforming feel/look.
Same goes for Assault Android Cactus (In early access).
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/muggs-majandhra
KadetJaina

KadetJaina

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

I really liked things like Wolfenstein (we had Christmas edition!) and Duke Nukem 3D (I loved his jokes). But I was more into games like Commander Keen and Mario Smile. Those were great.
And of course Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
http://kadetjaina.blog.cz
TaraDresbach

TaraDresbach

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:22 pm

If you like RTS, I'd suggest the Dungeon Keeper games. The original ones, not the horrible new mobile app.

I have some nice warm fuzzies towards System Shock II, and certainly recommend it to anyone who likes FPS games with RP elements.

Many older games seem to be licensed as downloads through www.gog.com and that includes the amazing Planescape:Torment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old School Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old School Games   Old School Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old School Games
Page 1 of 1