Home Loaf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're All Just a Slice of the Homeloaf

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity Empty
PostSubject: 2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity   2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:56 am

Me and a buddy are trying to make a platform puzzle game! We've been working on it for about 2 months and just recently figured out wich direction we want it to go. We got this cool mechanic where you change places with a statue, and you can carry the statue along with you aswell. This creates some cool options for puzzle making so we recently started with level design. Here's a picture of a puzzle in its earliest form.

2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity 10668511

I started out by drawing the level on a piece of paper and then he translated it into Unity using photoshop and some preset tiles we have made.

The hardest part about making this game is that we live 3 hours away from each other, so we can't have "dev meetings", everything is sent over dropbox and he's doing all the programming. I do textures and in-game music. Here's a short clip btw: https://soundcloud.com/realtsh/bennydagame2/s-scbjz

There's still tons of work to do and I do not expect it to be done before 2016, but we're doing our best!
Back to top Go down
Nev

Nev

PostSubject: Re: 2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity   2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi!
How's this project going?

I am a programmer but I haven't got experience with game dev (aside from playing with the turtle in python).
I am really interested and I want to help you guys.

If you could give me links or any learning materials, it would make my learning faster so I can help out much more.
Back to top Go down
http://nevvyteppy.tumblr.com/
TSHmusic

TSHmusic

PostSubject: Re: 2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity   2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Hey man, it's going great actually! We've been progressing towards making a story line and refining the gameplay structure. If you're interested I could add you to our facebook group and chat Smile

Here's an image of how it looks at the moment!

2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity 10390811

Hit me up with a PM and we could work something out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity   2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2D side scrolling puzzle game in Unity
Page 1 of 1